About The Oklahoma Apologetics Alliance
A clearinghouse for events, discussion and ideas that either promote or defend the orthodox Christian Worldview.
The term "apologetics" comes from the Greek word apologia, which means "to give a defense." In 1 Peter 3:15, Christians are urged to engage in this task: "but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense (apologia) to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect." People often have challenging questions about Christianity that deserve a thoughtful, respectful and gentle response including:
- How can an all-loving, all-powerful God allow so much suffering?
- What about all of the contradictions in the Bible?
- Does science disprove Christianity?
- Did Jesus really rise from the dead?
- Why did Jesus have to die on a cross?
- Is Jesus the only way to God?